Fixing ipv6 issuesPosted: 24/05/2012
Yesterday I discoverd my ipv6 wasn’t working anymore. My outgoing ipv6 connections got blocked when sending a sync so we needed some fixing. I’m really a big wizard in reading iptables but a nerd has to do what a nerd has to do.
Searching on what was going wrong with my ipv6 firewall, I noticed that only the SYN packets passed through the firewall. All responses and other related messages got blocket. While googling around to find more about ip6tables, I arrived back at the tunnelbroker website.
I dicided to check out if I didn’t made any mistakes on the addresses. There wasn’t any but when clicking on “example configuration” I found out there also was an example for openwrt backfire 10.03.1. Horay!
The only issue I had concerned the firewall setting. Earlier I removed the ‘wan’ section from the firewall as it wasn’t needed for ipv4. Missing that section, the command
uci set firewall.@zone.network='wan henet' failed. Adding the wan zone again from
/rom/etc/config/firewall it worked like a charm. Configuring the firewall using the webinterface and testing it using the tunnelbroker tools make me happy again.
Thanks again openwrt and tunnelbroker for the nice work!